FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/4/11 Salvador, 22
It was warm out today so I went for a walk at the park on my way home from work. I found a young man – Salvador – standing out on a fishing dock and also enjoying the outdoors. I asked if he had time to talk but he indicated he only speaks Spanish. A year ago this would have prevented a Gospel conversation, but by God’s grace I didn’t have to let that stop me this time. I told him that I am learning Spanish and would like some practice.  Salvador is from Mexico and has only been in Chicago for 3 months. He has read from the Bible before but has no church involvement.  Although he believes in God he didn't believe in the idea of life after death, though he was open to the idea.  We went on to a good conversation about our sin and need of salvation found through faith in Jesus – something Salvador understood for possibly the first time. Later, on my way home I thought about the fact that here in Chicago we have the world coming to us. We can “go into all the world” as Jesus commands simply by going for a walk in the park.

No comments: