FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/28/11      "Noah"      about 45
While driving through Wisconsin I handed out MDB gospel tracts whenever we stopped at rest areas and gas stations, engaging in short exchanges to encourage people to check out the "good person test" on the back and fishing for a longer conversation, but people were generally in a hurry to get to their destinations and so was I. One exchange stood out, with a man I'll call "Noah", an African American biker looking pretty menacing dressed in full biker leather gear and decorations. I asked if he follows the Ten Commandments, and I was surprised with his answer. "I follow the 7 laws of Noah. You see I'm a Noahide - a member of a branch of Judaism. We have followers in Israel and all over the United States. Look it up, you can find out all about it online" I just did, and found out it teaches a way for Gentiles to be counted among the righteous of Israel. Of course it too, like so many religions, is based on one's good works for salvation. The rest of Noah's group was waiting and he had to get going, so we couldn't talk any further, but this is just another reminder to me never to judge a book by it's cover when it comes to evangelism conversations - we need to take a little time to learn more about the people we talk to.

No comments: