FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/4/11    Aaron, Laureth   late teens
Out on a fellowship and "fishing" outing with Brad, a younger brother from church, we met a teenage couple on the sidewalk - Aaron and Laureth - and they agreed to answer some questions. Laureth in particular was happy to talk about spiritual things because she had just come back from a spiritual retreat with her Catholic high school. She had decided to turn over a new leaf and live for God, and now very confidently viewed herself as a good person. She volunteered for my "good person test" based on the Ten Commandments. I warned her that it might break her spiritual bubble and as my questions went on it seemed from the look on her face that it did. I hated to see her lose that spiritual glow but I also felt that she needed to hear the truth - the bad news that we can't just become good people by our own efforts, and that our sin doesn't just go away but that it will be accounted for. I tried to emphasize God's love in Jesus, but she seemed too shocked by the reality of this confrontation with her own sin to notice. I pray that God uses His truth before the enemy can use his lies...

No comments: