FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/23/11   Uksa,   about 30
Walking down the sidewalk I used a MDB tract to start a conversation with a man just getting off his bus, who turned out to be from the Republic of Georgia. Uksa (not sure of spelling) told of a childhood growing up with minimal involvement in the Orthodox Church, which had undergone government repression. He now conducts research at the U of I, and told me he understands English fairly well.  However, as our conversation progressed I began to suspect his comprehension was limited, judging from his constant smiling agreement with everything I said. I made a judgement call - maybe he could understand written English better than spoken - and I gave him more info, a New Testament, and a church invitation.

No comments: