FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/4/11    John, Monty      both about 40
A quick stop at a rest area while on a road trip gave me the opportunity to talk to two Canadian truck drivers, John and Monty. When asked about their beliefs about life after death they looked at each other in surprise. "We were just talking about that!" Monty told me. "You wouldn't want to know my opinions about it!" he added. I assurred him I did so he told me about his theory that space aliens had planted life here on earth. Monty had recently seen a History Channel show about this, and after growing up Catholic he seemed to be just in the early stages of drifting away from biblical truth and seeking out other ideas about eternity. "I'll tell you one thing", he said, "I know there's more to life than just dying and being buried in the ground." His wife's grandmother had died recently, and he told me he had been thinking a lot about his beliefs lately. John also wondered whether he would be seeing his loved ones again. Something told me to keep this conversation short, so I just told them of the common mistake most religious people make about God - that they can somehow earn their way to heaven - and I gave them more literature to read with my contact info on it. My hope and prayer is that the Lord will use even a simple ten-minute conversation like this to bring saving faith to John and Monty.

No comments: