FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/29/11      Alex    early 20's
My goal in witnessing is not necessarily just to share the basic Gospel message but to speak a timely word of God's truth into people's lives. To do this requires asking some essential questions to find out where they are at in their belliefs and faith. As i spoke with a young man named Alex at a park today I discovered that he had a faith in Jesus that has been derailed by his love for conspiracy theories, ancient religious symbolism and the thrill of being privy to mysteries and secrets from ages past. Though Alex has a lot of biblical knowledge his religious interest has been seduced by the many alternatives one can find on the internet. Asking about his guilt or innocense in regards to the Ten Commandments helped explain this - he was unable to admit his own sins but always turned to religious-sounding jargon to explain it away. He was self-deluded by his excuses, unable to admit his need for forgiveness, and now constantly looking for more religious insight from various sources. My role was clear - to help Alex understand he must return to the Bible as God's final word and the standard by which all other information is to be measured. I warned him about the dangers of looking elsewhere and advised him to seek out a Bible teaching annd preaching church such as my own. When I told him of my church I found out he had once attended one of our locations but has since drifted away.. I believe God was telling him to come back.

No comments: