FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/31/11 Steve, 42

While out jogging I walked a bit and handed another jogger a MDB tract, hoping to start a conversation. I found out he (Steve) is a UPS driver and he has had many people trying to share the Gospel with him lately. He seemed to be open to talking about it as a result. I believe God is trying to get his attention and I am privileged to be included in this effort that God is orchestrating in his life. Steve described himself as a lapsed Catholic and that, like the Catholic advertising campaign says, he needs to "come home" to the faith. "I should at least attend church on Christmas and Easter" he said, believing this to be the least one should do to be saved. I told him of a different way to look at it - "How would you feel about a man who promices to be faithful to his wife 364 days a year but reserves just one day for himself, to do whatever he wants to do. Is that a good marriage?" I asked. "Not at all" Steve agreed. "In the same way, shouldn't we be willing to give 100% of ourselves to God every day?" This got Steve's attention and led to a good conversation that gave me the opportunity to proclaim Jesus. I pray for Steve and hope he will come to repentence and faith, but at the same time I believe that Jesus is glorified whenever He is proclaimed, regardless of the response of the listener.

No comments: