FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

How Can We Do Gospel Outreach When It's So Cold Outside?

2/10/12      Jose and Rosario     both about 30

It was cold and snowy on my way home from work, but people still need to hear the Gospel so I decided to take my witnessing outreach indoors. I looked in the window of a laundromat as I drove past and saw that it was full of people, so I turned around and stopped in to see what the Lord might do.

The first person I talked to there was a man named Jose who was doing his laundry with his wife, Rosario. His faith in God begins and ends with his occasional visits to mass at their Catholic Church. Jose doesn't read the Bible on his own; in fact he doesn't even have one. He simply trusts that if he tries to be good - like going to church - he will be rewarded in the next life.

We talked about the impossible standard that being "good" requires. Jose believes God should just forgive us when we ask, so I explained how God's justice can't be bought with cheap apologies. The cost was tremendous - His own Son, Christ crucified - and available for those who repent and believe.

I gave Jose and Rosario a Spanish-language Bible and saw a wonderful sight as I drove away and looked again in the laundromat window. This time instead of just people mindlessly doing their chores I now saw a man and his wife intently reading God's word! There was something about that sight through the frosty windows that really warmed my heart.

So how can we do outreach when it's so cold out? Reach in - to coffee shops, grocery stores and yes, even the laundromat!

No comments: