FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/6/12 Chris, about 23
Please pray for Chris, a young man I met today while shopping and witnessing at a Target store. Chris remembered me from a conversation I had with his sister months ago. After that conversation he came to visit my church and attends our larger central congregation with his father on occasion. He said he is touched by the inspirational music and inspiring atmosphere, but I began to wonder exactly where he is at with the Lord. "Church is important and helpful, but where are you at with the Lord? What would happen should you die today and find yourself before His judgment throne?" I asked. "Well I could die any day - I have stage four cancer" he told me. I'm sure I looked shocked, so he said happily "Luckily, its in remission now, and I feel great!" This added new urgency to my witnessing, so I continued to ask about his beliefs, finding out he basically believes he will be good enough to go to heaven. To complicate matters, Chris has obviously adopted a homosexual lifestyle and struggles with a reading disability which keeps him from comprehending meaning while reading. He gave mental ascent to the Gospel message I shared with him, but I could detect no heartfelt conviction. We talked about alternative ways he might study the Bible other than reading, with participation in a small Bible study group being my first recommendation.  Please pray that God will move quickly in his life while there is still time.

No comments: