FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/1/12    Gustavo, about 30
How do you stop a speedwalker approaching you on the sidewalk, with both earbuds on and lost in his music, in order to hopefully start a gospel conversation? My answer? Ask him! That's what I did yesterday when I had stopped at a park for a walk on my way home from work. I had to wave a little bit to get his attention, and an intersting tract helped start the conversation, but it didn't take him long to warm up to sharing about his beliefs. His name is Gustavo and from his answers to my questions I think he is a true believer in Jesus, but he has had some bad church experiences a few years ago and hasn't been attending church since. This lack of regular biblical teaching and Christian fellowship have taken their toll as he has found it hard to keep reading the Bible and has been confused about some  important theological issues, like whether or not he would go to heaven if he died with unconfessed sin in his life. After helping him through this issue, I found that he also has been distracted by three separate personal sightings of UFO's over several years. I've talked to many other people who have had similar experiences or are just facinated by UFO's and conspiracy theories, and they are usually confused or distracted from the things of God as a result. Gustavo, on the other hand, really seemed to have what I think is a more biblical persective, believing them to be manifestations of demons and citing various biblical passages that could possibly be referring to this. For him, his sightings of UFO's have only drawn him closer to the Lord. However, his isolation from the church is really holding him back in his faith, and we talked for quite a while about the importance of reconnecting with God's people. We also spoke about how to find a church that values the Word of God more than their man-made traditions, and I invited him to visit mine. Please pray that he does!

No comments: