FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/4/12     Manuel, Francisco     both in their 30's
While out running an errand I decided to stop by a park and see whom I might have a gospel conversation with. I tried to talk with three people. First, a man named Manuel watching his three kids at the playground was very willing to talk. He has been a believer for 14 years and shared his testimony of how he met the Lord. We talked about the joys and responsibilities of following Jesus, and Manuel appreciated my challenge to teach the Bible to his children every day. Next I asked a man on the sidewalk if he had time to ask answer a question or two. He looked at me like I was from outer space and hurried away from me as if I had the plague! I didn't take it personally. Finally, a jogger approached, looking like he was in another world with his dark sunglasses and headphones on. I thought he wouldn't want to stop jogging, so I offered him a million-dollar gospel tract and was surprised when he stopped, took his earbuds off, and took the time to read it right there in front of me. He - Francisco - grew up Catholic but has never read the Bible for himself. He claimed he had never even heard of the 10 Commandments. He had almost died after being mistakenly shot numerous times in an incident in Mexico by federal soldiers, and now believes God has saved his life for a reason, but is not sure what. Francisco is very opinionated and not a good listener so I wasn't really able to share much of the Gospel, but he did pay attention when I talked about reading the Bible for himself rather than relying on church traditons, and he gladly accepted a Gospel of John (en Espanol). Three people, three stories. Please pray for each of them!

No comments: