FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/30/12     Jim,    about 65
While at the park today I asked an older man watching a Little League practice if he believes he will go to heaven. "I've put in 30 years coaching these kids here. Didn't get paid a dime for it. I should think that's gotta be worth something" was his answer. I asked him "If an emergency room doctor saves hundreds of lives a year, should he be free to get away with any kind of crime?" He (Jim) agreed that no, he is only doing what is expected of him. "God gave you your health, your ability to make money, your time. Shouldn't He expect you to do good things with them?" "Well yeah, but, He never answers my prayers." "Jim, does God owe you anything?" "No, of course not. But it would be nice to get a break once in a while. Maybe I could win the lottery or something." He confessed that although he goes to mass at his church every week, he isn't sure he believes what He hears there. "Jim, did you know the Bible says "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" ? That fear might not be where He wants us to end up, but its the right place to start. Would you say you fear God?" Jim claimed he did, but his words and attitude told me otherwise. This basically sums up what I was able to tell Jim. I felt it would be best to end the conversation with the focus being on what I had told him about God rather than on my insensitivity and overstaying my welcome. Please pray that Jim will begin to fear god and have this kind of wisdom in his life, that it will lead him to a right relationship with God through faith in Jesus.

No comments: