FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

7/20/12    Samuel,    21
In Matthew 7, Jesus made an interesting statement.  “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."  What did he mean by this?  Was he saying that some people are simply beyond help and we shouldn't try to reach out to them?  Absolutely not!  What he was saying, however, is that like dogs and pigs, some people don't appreciate what is truly valuable.  Our sacred "pearl of great price", of course, is Jesus himself.  We have come to know how precious He is, but unbelievers usually have no idea.  To start out a Gospel conversation talking immediately about Jesus is like "throwing our pearls to pigs".  Unbelievers find it easy to dismiss their need  for Him, mock Him, and ridicule His followers.  Where then, should we begin?  The law!  Just as John the Baptist brought the law to prepare the way for Jesus, Paul taught that "the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ" (Gal. 3:24)  The work of evangelism is to use the law to help people see their need for the grace found in Jesus!  Today I had the privilege of sharing the law and grace of the Gospel with a young man named Samuel.  I spent probably 90% of our 45 minute conversation using the law to show his need for a right relationship with God.  By the time I shared about Jesus, he knew his need for salvation and was ready to listen as I shared my testimony: "...I knew I deserved to be punished for my sins against God, but when  I found out how He gave His precious Son to die in my place, it broke my heart!  I've never known such love as this!  He gave His life for me, the least I could do is give my life to Him"  Samuel agreed, but said "It's just not right!  I'm the one who deserves to be punished!  I should be responsible for my own sins."  "But Jesus already died for you Samuel, 2000 years ago, on a cross.  Its already happened.  The best way to honor Him for that is to put your faith in Him and follow Him.  He said that if we love Him, we will keep His commands..."  Jesus is indeed the Pearl of Great Price.  I believe the law helped Samuel understand that....  (For more on law and grace evangelism, and to see videos of this biblical approach to witnessing, go to the Living Waters website at http.Livingwaters.com)

No comments: