FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

7/28/12      Rafael,       about 60
I asked Rafael, an older man from Mexico about his beliefs in life after death.  "I pray to the Virgin (of Guadalupe) every day" was his initial response.  I took some time to ask about his beliefs in Mary, various saints, and their relationship to Jesus Christ.  I try to be careful not to belittle or disrespect the traditions that people have held dear for most of their life, but to ask some logical questions that exalt Jesus and show how these other points of worship or distraction pale by comparison.  Putting Jesus in His rightful place as the center of attention in our conversation made the gospel easy to share.  With the traditions and distractions out of the way, Rafael easily acknowledged his sin and faith in Jesus, and began asking about my church.  I try to keep things positive and avoid criticizing other churches, so I emphasized how it is important to go to a church that respects the Bible as God's word rather than following the various traditions that have developed in so many churches over time. How are we to combat counterfeit objects of worship and traditions that only serve to distract people from God's truth?  Focus on what is truly real and worthy of our attention, Jesus and the Bible, God's Word.

No comments: