FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

On Target



11/7/12   Greg, about 30
I was shopping at Target, occasionally giving out million dollar gospel tracts to other customers in the hopes of initiating a good conversation, but knowing many people are in a hurry to get their shopping done. Trying to be sensitive to this, if they seem rushed I often encourage them to read the tract later when they have more time, but a heavy-set man named Greg stopped, took the tract and without a word started reading it carefully right there in the middle of the busy main aisle. I began to sum it up for him but he insisted on reading it through, so I just waited.  When he finished, he showed no interest in leaving, but simply listened while I continued to explain the Gospel.  He gave simple, short answers to my questions but obviously just preferred to listen.  I could try to guess what he thought of the whole thing, but I really don’t know.  I’d prefer a two-way conversation so I can best speak to where people are at in their thinking, but in this case, all I could do was offer the clearest, most concise, Gospel presentation I could.  Greg showed interest the whole time, not looking at his watch, fidgeting or looking around, but I still knew my time would be limited and that I needed to keep it fairly short.  And sure enough, just as I finished, he told me he needed to get going to pick up his son but that he really appreciated my stopping him to talk. The Apostle Peter wrote that with gentleness and respect you are to “give the reason for the hope that you have” (1 Peter 3:15)  Paul wrote that we are to be prepare to preach the Word “in season and out of season”.  That might just be on your next shopping trip.  Are you ready?

No comments: