FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Saggy Jeans and All

 10/31/12          Raymond                   about 20
Saggy jeans and exposed drawers are one fashion trend I have loathed for years, but the young men who dress this way need the Gospel just as much as anyone else, so I stopped a young man named Raymond on the sidewalk and asked "This is kind of a strange question to ask, especially since its Halloween and all, but where do you think you will go when you die?" He said "Oh I believe in Heaven, so, f
or sure, that's where I'll end up" "How can you be so sure?" "Oh, I'm not, but, you gotta stay positive, you know?" Raymond also believes in hell, "kind of", but prefers not to think about it, so I pointed to the busy street we were standing next to and asked "When you go to cross that street, you're going to look both ways, right?" "Right" "It's really not negative to think of the possibility that you could get hit by one of those cars. In fact, being aware of the danger helps you cross the street safely, right?" He saw my point. "Yeah, but what can I do about it? I'm just trying to be positive and hope for the best, like I'm on my way to my daughter's house right now to take her trick or treating, so I gotta get going. But who are you anyway, a preacher or something?" I answered - "No, I'm just a high school teacher, but I often stop on my way home from work and ask people questions like these." I gave him a copy of Mark Cahill's "One Second After You....Die" - (available at low cost of his website) which Raymond really appreciated. And I appreciated the chance to speak into his life, saggy jeans and all.

No comments: