FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Gospel to Relationship

8/23/13   Andres (husband/father), Diego (cousin), Sarah (18), Andres Jr. (11), Sylvia (wife)
Greetings from the new Life Outreach Team in Queretaro, Mexico! I've been too busy to write my usual stories of gospel conversations, and I really didn't know where to start if I did, but i'd like to tell about Andres and Diego and ask for your prayers for them. They are cousins, 42 and 33 respectively, who live here in the Colonia (neighborhood) de San Jose El Alto. Out team went to a nearby park to run sporting events for kids and teenagers there, and I noticed Andres standing in the door of his house watching, so I went over to tell him about us and share the Gospel. His two kids, Sara, 18, and Andres Jr., about 12, were out in the field with our group. After a few minutes he invited me in to his house to talk further. Andres told me about some of his experiences at a Christian church in Chiapas before moving to Queretaro 2 years ago. He was especially moved by some Christian films that were shown at his church. He sounded much like a believer, but I've learned to ask some essential questions anyway and found out he really doesn't understand that we are saved not by works but by grace through faith in Christ. One thing that I believe really caught their attention was when I emphasized the responsibility of men as the spiritual leader of their household, how their relationship with God doesn't just affect them but their entire family, and how we at New Life Church want to help men carry out this responsibility. Long story short, I shared the Gospel with Andres and Diego, who joined us later, for about an hour, followed by an hour of lighthearted chatting. Instead of using relationships as a springboard to share the Gospel, I was able to use sharing the Gospel as a springboard to relationships! I then noticed Chris Orpheus (Pastor at New Life La Villita - Karlov) just outside in the park so I asked him in. He used his fluent Spanish to build relationship and share the Gospel for yet another hour. Now Andres, Diego, Andres Jr. and his friend, and about thirty other people are here outside the church watching the Christian film "Fireproof"! Afterward one of our team will share their testimony and a Gospel invitation. Please pray for them! 

No comments: