FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

God is Great and God is Good

11/29/13             Adam                 late 20’s

Thumbnail

“It doesn’t hurt to ask” I thought to myself when I saw a man sitting at a rather upscale restaurant and I wondered if he would be willing to answer my question “What do you think happens after this life?”  Adam, late 20’s, agreed to be interviewed, and began by saying he had no idea.  What he meant was that he didn’t have absolute proof either way about life after death, and therefore no strong beliefs, but he did have some ideas from his Lutheran background.  In answer to this my goal was basic: to help him believe the beginnings of that childhood prayer “God is great and God is good”.  What I had in mind was Hebrews 11:6 – “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists (“God is great”) and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him (“God is good”) Simple faith is what pleases God, and I wanted to help Adam past the need for absolute proof that today’s emphasis on science claims to require.  I spent some time trying to ask some good questions that he may not have considered, and at the same time show him I am very willing to hear him out on his answers. Soon however, I could soon tell he wanted to end the interview so he could eat lunch, but after I put the cameras away he was willing to talk more.  In the end I was able to explain the Gospel clearly, and challenge Adam to consider the possibility that the biblical view of God is all true.  No, it doesn’t hurt to ask, and I’m glad I did.   



No comments: