FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

A New Life Fasting Challenge

An open invitation to my Chicago New Life Church family – whomever may happen to read this.  As we prepare to enter our season of fasting and prayer I want to thank the leadership of New Life for consistently challenging us with this spiritual discipline over the years.  I can’t begin to say how much I have benefitted from these extended fasts in fellowship with others at  New Life.  God has used them to teach me humility and self-discipline, to deepen my prayers, to establish godly priorities, to teach me gratitude, patience, compassion, and authentic worship.  I can’t imagine my life without these seasons of fasting and I intend to participate again this year.

But there is another discipline that fasting, prayer, and the study of God’s word have led me to and that far exceeds the benefits I have gained just by fasting.  That discipline is daily sharing my faith with someone new.  Talk about learning to step out on faith, depending on God, being humbled, giving up worldly desires, deepening my prayers, and learning to walk with Jesus!  As we prepare for our 21 days of fasting, I want to extend this invitation, this challenge, to some of you  (not all, but I trust God will tell you who you are) – to make your 21 days of fasting also 21 days of reaching out to share the Gospel with someone new each day.  You will never be the same!   “Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.”   - Isaiah 58:9

No comments: