FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Church Outside

Thumbnail     3/30/2014         Kiernan                         24
I was late to church this morning.  I had stopped by a park on my way there to strike up a Gospel conversation, and ended up talking to Kiernan, the man in this recording (audio only, camera battery died) for quite some time.  I believe he appreciated that I stopped to talk with him, as did another man named Michael whom I met on the sidewalk not too far from the church doors.  When I finally arrived at the service I had missed the initial worship songs and the sermon was just starting, but I felt just as much joy in my heart as any worship time has given me.  Instead of lifting up the name of Jesus in song and the warm fellowship of a church gathering, I had lifted up Jesus’ name out on the street to unbelievers.  The first, I will be able to do for eternity – the second – only this side of heaven.  I’m not advocating missing church – we need to be encouraged by and to be an encouragement to other believers – but let’s not forget our other great purpose while here for this short time here on this earth.

No comments: