FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Why Share the Gospel?

4/30/14          Jaime               30

Why share the Gospel?  A 30 year old street gang member named Jaime basically asked me this when, toward the end of a nearly hour long conversation, he said in his own colorful way “Why do you f_____in’ do this?”  At first I had responded by saying “Because I want to see you in heaven one day!” – which is true, but that’s not all there is to it, and he called me on it – “But you don’t even f____in’ know me!”  So I told him the rest of the story – how someone had shared the Gospel with me, and the Bible tells us to go and do likewise.  It’s not my job, like Jaime thought, and I’m not trying to earn salvation by sharing the Gospel – Jesus already did that on the cross, but Jesus said that if we love him we will keep his commands. God gives us the opportunity to express our love and gratitude to him for all he has done for us.  It’s just the right thing to do.  Jaime generally believes religion is one big fairy tale, but I think Jesus started to become more than just a fairy tale to him out there on the sidewalk yesterday.

No comments: