FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Mid-Course Correction” – Part 3

5/21/14                     Luigi                     21
“Mid-Course Correction” – Part 3 – I believe it is no accident that the last three lengthy witnessing conversations I’ve had have been with people who intellectually understand and are positive and interested in the Gospel, but are not at the point of repentance and faith in response.  I wrote about Luis and Michael in my last two posts, and now just last night I spoke to Luigi, 21, out on a sidewalk.  I continue to trust in the work of the Holy Spirit to bring people to saving faith rather than trusting my own efforts, but I am feeling called to do more than just reach out with that initial Gospel conversation.  I need to do more than invite them to call me with their questions or to come visit church; I need to take the initiative to reach out to them again as well, but how?  Like Luis and Michael, Luigi was also positive toward the Gospel, so I gave him more information to read, gave him my number and invited him to call any time, and then took my next “Mid-Course Correction” step – I asked if he would like me to call him back in a week to let him think through what we talked about and read what I gave him.  “Yeah, sure, why not?” was his response.  This is new for me.  Over the last five years I have prayed for the people I’ve talked to, hoping they will call me back to talk more, trusting God to work even if they don’t, but increasingly finding it hard to pray for people I think I may not see again.  Now, for the next week at least, I will be diligent to pray for Luigi as he considers the Gospel and as we prepare to talk again about it.  Will you join me in prayer for Luigi?  I hope to report back about our second conversation early next week!

No comments: