FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Limited Opportunity

11/29/14        Han Lu         early 20’s

Tonite I talked with a young man I believe I will never see again this side of heaven.  He flies back to China tomorrow after a year here in Chicago as an exchange student.  Han Lu grew up in China with no religious upbringing, and really knew next to nothing about matters of faith as I asked about his beliefs.  “In the year you’ve been here in the United States, has anyone talked with you about Christianity like this?” I asked.  “No, no one has.  Someone invited me to their church once, but that’s all” he said in his broken English.  It was cold there on the windswept sidewalk, and his difficulty with English meant that I didn’t get too far in explaining the Gospel, but I did give Han Lu a good book for him to read during his long flight back to China.  I believe it was no coincidence I was able to talk to him just before he flies back to China, He needs our prayers in reading and understanding the gospel book I gave him, and hopefully in seeking out a Christian church when he arrives in China.  There are almost a million international students here in the United States, many of whom have little or no exposure to the Gospel back in their home countries.  Let’s pray for Han and students like him, for the many churches and Christian ministries reaching out to them, and that there will be many more.

No comments: