FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Yu Too

11/20/2014               Yu                  early 20's

Yu, an IIT accounting major and an exchange student from China, grew up as a member of the Communist Party there and is still an active member.  He has had very little religious influence in his life and does not believe in God or any kind of spiritual existence after death.  I wondered if his lack of religious faith was because of this lack of spiritual influence.  20 minutes into our conversation I asked him “If you found out that there really is a God who made you and gives you every beat of your heart and every breath you breathe…” - and I went on to elaborate on all that God does for us – “…would you respect Him and obey Him?”  “Absolutely not” he said, “God has no right to tell me what to do.  I wouldn’t follow Him, I do what makes me happy.”  “What about the Communist Party, is that what they say?”  “We are to do what benefits the majority of the people” he answered “and I just make sure that I am part of that majority”.  It was eye-opening, to see the rebellious attitude toward God even in someone who seems to have had very little exposure to God in his life.  I don’t believe this means we should just give up and quit sharing the Gospel, of course, but I think it does reveal what we are up against as we do so, hearts that are “deceitfully wicked” according to Jeremiah 17:6, hearts like mine before God’s regenerating intervention.

No comments: