FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Change of Heart



6/14/15                                                Jerry                                                about 35
“I became a multimillionaire during the housing bubble by taking advantage of the misfortunes of others.  My god was my money, but I lost everything during the crash of ‘08.  I had no hope so I put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger, but the bullet was a dud.  That was a life changing moment for me.  Since then, I’ve been on the opposite end of the spectrum, working to help poor families keep their homes.  I’ve prevented over 400 foreclosures already.  I do whatever I can to help others, and I’ve given up on pursuing money for my selfish desires” That was the response a man named Jerry gave me when I initiated a Gospel conversation with him at the park.  So did this “life changing event” really change Jerry’s heart toward God?  Before his suicide attempt, Jerry had rejected the True God for the gods of money and power and his own selfish desires, but now, after his life change, he still rejects God in favor of another selfish desire – the pride of feeling superior to others, even God.  “If there is a God” he told me “he is really screwing things up” and he went on continue to describe all the ways he helps others – without needing to believe in God.  A “life changing event” doesn’t always involve a “heart change”.    2 Cor. 5 says “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”  Being a Christian isn’t just a change of lifestyle – it’s a change of heart.

No comments: