FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Gas Pump Gospel



4/9/17               Grant                 about 25

“If you were to die today, where would you end up, heaven or hell?”  “Well, up until about five minutes ago, I would have said heaven” was the answer that Grant, an off-duty police officer told me at a North Carolina gas station. 

I’ve been doing some traveling over spring break, so my outreach conversations often take place at gas pumps and are much shorter than usual.  But it doesn’t take long to share a basic truth that many people rarely stop to consider – that we aren’t the “good people” we think we are, and instead of trusting that we are good enough for heaven, we need to put our trust in Jesus who died for sinners. 

I had used some of the Ten Commandments to help him see his sin compared to God’s holy standard.   Grant was astounded – “I almost stopped at two gas stations before this one, but for some reason I came here!” he said.  “I really needed to hear this!”  Yes he did and so do many people if we will just reach across to the other side of the gas pump with the Gospel.

No comments: