FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/22/09 Linda, Russell, and Michael
While out on an errand, I stopped in at a laundromat to pass out million dollar tracts and start a conversation. Linda, there with her two grandsons, told me she no longer attends church because of the child abuse scandals involving priests. When she was a child, she had learned the Ten Commandments and generally respected God's authority but her grandchildren seem to have no respect for God or authority at all. I asked how she intended to teach them about God, but all she could say was that she had some religious statues at home and lit some candles on occasion. About this time her two grandsons, about 12 and 8 years old, butted in, showing no respect to their Grandma but wanting million dollar bill tracts of their own. I couldn't continue the conversation with Linda and she told Russell and Michael to listen to me so I focused on talking to them and answering their questions. Many were based on outlandish claims about religion from popular culture so I emphasized their need to base their beliefs on the Bible and our need for faith in Jesus. Linda was listening, and I feel I set a good example of how she can relate to her grandchildren as well as what and whom to base her faith on.

No comments: