FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/13/09 Amit, Anirudh, early 20's
How long does it take to "earn the right to be heard"? For a long time I thought that if I wanted to share the gospel in a meaningful way with someone, I would need to invest countless hours building a relationship and trust to the point that they would reach out to me with questions about the hope within me. I am reminded that all of this isn't necessary if I am the one doing the reaching out. Today we had a "Kings Banquet" at church (based on Jesus' parable), to which many people came from all walks of life. Amit and Anirudh are the Hindu roommates of Santosh, a Christian from India, and they came at his invitation. I spent some time with them learning much about their Hindu beliefs and culture, adding to what I've learned from talking with other Hindus. I then asked if I could share the basic message of Christianity, which they had no knowledge of. They listened intently as I shared about the Ten Commandments (also new to them), our sin, our need of forgiveness, and redemption in Jesus. (Check out an excellent post on "winning the right to be heard" and "friendship evangelism" from Tony Miano at The Lawman Chronicles.)

No comments: