FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/08/10 Carlos, about 20
Do I work in cooperation with the Holy Spirit or does He do His work in spite of me? I think it's both, but most days I feel one way or the other. Today I felt that in spite of my awkward and possibly confusing Gospel presentation, a young man at the grocery store named Carlos wanted to hear it anyway. I began the conversation hurriedly, and once I realized I wasn't being very clear in what I was saying, I kept expecting Carlos to walk away any second and was surprised when he didn't. When I asked about how he stood with God he grew quiet and said, "not good". This also surprised me, because I've become so used to most people's confident, high opinion of themselves that I didn't expect Carlos' humble attitude. He didn't need the law; he was ready for grace. Despite my lame attempt at sharing it, I believe God will speak to Carlos because he is ready to listen.

No comments: