FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/27/10 Conrad, 39
At the park was a man (Conrad) who had the body build and hairstyle of the "Johnny Bravo" cartoon character. (not trying to be demeaning, but this is the best way I could describe him). When I asked for permission to run some questions by him he asked for my business card, and I was glad that I happened to have one from church. This seemed to give me some legitimacy in his eyes, and he gladly answered all my questions. His favorite view of God, though he hadn't thought about it much, is that he is the ultimate energy source to which we will all return one day. I asked if he meant something like the tree of life in the movie "Avatar", and he agreed enthusiastically. He had no religious upbringing, and for most of his adult life has been heavily involved in the party and club scene as a participant, a bouncer, and now as a promoter. He views himself as a highly enthusiastic and positive person, and since becoming a club/event promoter believes he has become more enlightened than his peers who are still caught up in the vanity of the club scene. He also believes himself outstanding among his fellow promoters whose priority is more about making money than about safety concerns. I tried to get him to think about the possibility of eternity and God's judgment, and although he remained very positive it seemed like he just couldn't comprehend the entire concept. He would nod with enthusiasm about different points I made but just revert back to talking about his work and his positive attitude. I gave him a Bible and gospel summary, and can only hope he will be a better reader than he was as a listener.

No comments: