FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/23/10 Jose, about 35
Today I talked with the cable guy. A Comcast truck was sitting across the street so I went over for a chat. The driver (Jose) rolled down his window and I gave him a million dollar bill gospel tract, saying "Hey, just thought you might like something to read while you wait. It's a gospel tract with a good question on the back; 'Will you go to heaven?' Do you believe there's a heaven?" "Oh, of course" Jose said. He was having his lunch break, and we went on to have a good conversation. Jose told he is Catholic, expecting that to answer any questions about his beliefs, but I told him that I've met a lot of Catholics with very different beliefs and I went on to ask Jose specific questions about his faith. Jose seemed very strong in his beliefs that he is a sinner who deserves God's wrath, and only by God's mercy and grace in sacrificing his own Son does he have the hope of heaven. He told me "Jesus died on the cross to show us just how serious our sin is" and I agreed: "That should have been us on the cross, but God sacrificed His own Son for us. Just one drop of his precious blood shed on my behalf is infinitely more than I could ever be worth" I encouraged him in his faith and challenged him to teach his young child the things of the Lord, telling him about the devotions I have for my family at the breakfast table most every morning. I felt like this conversation was an encouragement for both of us.

No comments: