FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/19/2010 Jose, 22
A young man was walking down the sidewalk with headphones on, lost in his own world, but as I have seen time after time a friendly wave and eye contact convinced him to stop and take off the headphones to see what I wanted. This is what I mean by "intitiative" evangelism - if I waited for people like this to stop to talk to me for some reason or for a conversation to just "happen" I'd be waiting a long time - and wasting a lot of time in the process. It may sound spiritual to wait for those "holy appointments" people often talk about, but why would it be any less spiritual to obey Jesus and GO into all the world to initiate conversations? This is what happened with Jose and today he heard the gospel for the first time. It wasn't my idea to talk to Jose today. The Holy Spirit orchestrated every detail.

No comments: