FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/23/10        Anthony, Justin        21, 26
When striking up witnessing conversations with strangers there's always the possibility that they might be going through some problem that I can't ignore if I want to be a credible witness for Christ. This has happened very rarely but today it did. I was out jogging when I happened upon two guys wearing backpacks.  (Anthony and Justin) I stopped to ask about their beliefs and found out they are stranded in Chicago with no money, having come here from Texas looking for work.  Anthony's wallet, with their nest egg of $300, had either been lost or stolen and they now just wanted to get back home. I've learned from experience to check people's stories out carefully, having met many scam artists over the years, but these guys were telling the truth. I was able to spend some quality time sharing the Gospel with them while helping them get safely on their way in the process. They've both been baptized and were involved in Baptist churches when younger, but have fallen away from church and into the trap of trusting in their own idea of goodness for salvation. I shared the gospel clearly and they received it appreciatively, though they were distracted by the predicament they found themselves in. I hope my helpful actions have helped them take my words more seriously.

No comments: