FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/12/11 Mike the Umpire, about 45
Today I played softball with our church softball league, made up of teams from the many locations of our non-denominational and evangelical community church here in Chicago. After the game I asked the umpire, Mike, about his church background, not sure if he was just hired by the league from some sort of agency or if he had church ties. He did, having attended our church in the past and now attending a similar church in the suburbs. I was tempted to just assume he must be a Christian, but just to be sure I asked "How can you be sure you'll go to heaven? What do you put your faith in?" Turns out he believes everyone will go to heaven, and that life on this earth is his idea of hell. Not the answer I expected but a reminder to take nothing for granted, and that opportunities for evangelism are all around us, even at church events.

No comments: