FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/27/12     George,     about 20
I used a "million dollar" gospel tract to start a conversation with a U of I college student - George - on the sidewalk today. He recognized it as a religious tract right away, and seemed to be disinterested in talking, saying that one can't really know what happens after we die, so why bother trying? Even his body language indicated he intended to walk away, but he hung around and became increasingly interested in talking. I eventually was able to share both the law and grace of the Gospel with him, answering several of his well-thought out questions along the way. George later thanked me for not preaching at him, like he has seen some evangelists do, and for not asking for his money like he has seen some TV preachers do, but for taking the time to listen to his viewpoints and have a two-way conversation with him. "You didn't point your finger at me and tell me I'm going to hell" he said. "But I did tell you some very hard truths, including the truth about hell, didn't I?" I responded. "But you were friendly about it, and you listened to me" was his answer. If we are Jesus' people, we do need to take a stand and share Gospel truths, but let's not let the way we share it get in the way.

No comments: