FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Break Through



11/30/16      Chet      about 30
The next time you are fueling up at the gas station, look around.  Most likely there will be people all around, filling up their tanks also, lost in thought, thinking about where they’ve been or where they are going.  What would it take to engage them in a conversation that might have eternal significance?  Is it possible?  How could you start one?  In situations like these where is seems likely people don’t have much time to talk, I often use a “million dollar” gospel tract as a conversation starter. 

After filling up the other night I walked over to the guy at the next pump over and handed him one, saying “I like to give these out, it’s a Gospel tract.  It has a short Bible message on it.  It asks the million dollar question, ‘Will you go to heaven?’  Is that that something you think about much?”  At this point the guy – Chet – smiled and said “Oh yes, I’ve put my trust in Jesus for salvation.”  We talked a while and I could tell he truly has trusted Christ, so I asked how he shares his faith with others.  He said “Every morning I post a Bible verse on Facebook.  It’s a great way to get God’s Word out.”  I told him I think that’s a great idea, and I want to be more intentional about sharing God’s word online.  But let’s not miss all the opportunities to share it all throughout the day.  If we look up from our smartphones and get our thoughts off of our plans or worries or entertainment, we will notice there are people all around us who need to hear the Gospel.  They might look preoccupied, or busy looking at a screen, or look like they are in a hurry.  And they most likely are.  But God is in the business of breaking into our routine, our busyness, or our comfort zones.  He can help us break out of ours, and help us break into theirs.

No comments: