FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Should we always share the whole Gospel story when we have the chance?

3/24/18    Phin,  about 60

I ask this because for probably the first time in my Gospel conversations, I felt the need to give a “spoiler alert” in sharing the story of salvation.

I was talking on a busy street corner with a man named Phin, whom I would describe as a seeker of God on the verge of finding Him!

Phin is from Nashville where he works as a manager in the arts and entertainment industry, and described himself as just being bored with it all, to the point where he has finally turned to the Bible for the first time in his life.

Phin has painstakingly been reading through the Old Testament, not wanting to miss anything, and made it to the middle of the Psalms where he finally decided to skip ahead to the New Testament. He is now almost through the Gospel of Matthew, just before Jesus’ crucifixion. Of course, he already knows of the resurrection, but as we talked I got the impression he didn’t want me to tell him about it, that he wanted to read it for himself and experience what God has for him in his word.

I was actually a little relieved when Phin told me he had to get going, because I had mixed feelings in wanting to tell him the Gospel story but also knowing he would probably be better off experiencing it for himself.

I’m thankful for the people and circumstances that God has orchestrated in Phin’s life to cause him to diligently seek God to the place where I found him there on that street corner, and my prayer for Phin is that “..he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus”! Please pray with me for Phin!

Thanks, Phin, for allowing me to record our conversation! It can be seen at https://youtu.be/S-qqJ4IDVT8 on my YouTube channel

No comments: