FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Elevator Gospel


12/4/18      Tom  (video HERE)

Christian, do you have an elevator version of the Gospel, ready to share at a moment’s notice with no advanced preparation or review? 

That’s what we are called to when we are told “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have” in 1 Peter 3, and that’s what a man named Tom gave me when I unexpectedly stopped him on a sidewalk. 

Here was his response to my question “What do you think happens after we die?”:

“I personally believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that He’s God in the flesh, that He died and rose again for my sins, and my hope is that He will come again, whether now or when I die, and I have a firm hope that He will restore everything to the way it was meant to be.”

This wasn’t a well-crafted statement of faith that Tom had memorized.  It was simply the first response of his heart, and it comes from someone who hasn’t allowed his heart to get distracted by the things of the world so much that he has forgotten the things of heaven.  I’m sure he could have gone into much more detail, but it was cold out, and a clear, simple response was all that was needed.

Even among believers, such a concise, articulate, summary of the Gospel is hard to find.  It comes with practice, so let’s start today in the comments below.  What is your elevator version of the Gospel?


Thanks, Tom, for allowing me to record our conversation!  Its HERE


No comments: