FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/24/10 Scott, Sherman, both about 20
I went with Luke, the teaching elder at our church, to the park where we came across a young man (Scott) with his pit bull, talking on the sidewalk with his friend (Sherman). I showed him a million dollar bill tract and said "Hey I'll give you this if you can answer the million dollar question" "What is that?" Scott said. "If you could know the answer for sure, what would be the most important question in the world?" Scott thought for a while: "What are the winning numbers for the lottery?" I told him "That's good, but I forgot to tell you, it is the last day of your life." Scott answered "Oh well then I wouldn't care anymore. I'd just let whatever happens happen, whether I end up upstairs or downstairs." This began a good conversation in which Sherman was content just to listen as I helped Scott to see how God would see him on judgment day. After specific questions about the Ten Commandments, Scott could see that the possibility of hell is no joke and is something to be concerned about. He was ready for the good news of Jesus and was glad to hear it. He hadn't been to church since his first communion as a young child, but now he has an understanding that God's love for justice and hatred for sin are so serious he could only be forgiven through faith in Jesus' and the cross. I gave Scott a Bible and talked some about the importance of faith, repentance, reading the Bible and church involvement. He hasn't come to faith just yet, but I let him know he needs to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.

No comments: