FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Church in the Soft Drink Aisle

https://youtu.be/r1K3k9xBFFc


1/26/18       Jalen     (click here for video)         about 40

He was concentrating on his grocery shopping when suddenly he met a brother he never knew he had!

How does that happen?  I know how it doesn’t happen.  When we go about our daily routine oblivious to the people around us, people with stories, with hurts and dreams, faith and doubts.  We will never know their stories unless we ask.

 I had finished my grocery shopping and decided to reach out and ask someone for their story before checking out.  That someone turned out to be Jalen, a brother I never knew I had.  He is a brother in the Lord, and by the end of the conversation we were having church right there in the soft drink aisle!

2 Timothy 4 says “Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.”  Meeting a fellow believer at the grocery store focused on the “encourage” aspect of that passage, and our conversation was a great encouragement to us both!

How did I get Jalen to tell me his story in the first place, not to mention allow me to record it?  Lately I have been turning on my video camera ahead of time in order to capture the audio of how I approach people and start the conversation.  I just ask people if they would share their beliefs about eternity, and how they arrived at those beliefs.  

Why do I post these stories and videos?  To correct, rebuke, and especially encourage fellow believers to know the joys – and difficulties – of reaching out with the Gospel!   Hope it helps!
https://youtu.be/r1K3k9xBFFc

No comments: