FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

25 - Death, the Intermediate State, and Glorification

What is the purpose of death in the Christian life? What happens to our bodies and souls when we die? When will we receive resurrection bodies? What will they be like?

In part 25 of our 34-part theology series, we learn about Death, the Intermediate State, and Glorification. The process by which God brings redemption to believers must include a consideration of death and the question of how Christians should view their own death and the death of others. We also must ask what happens to us between the time we die and the time Christ returns to give us new resurrection bodies. 

 This Doctrine of Death, the Intermediate State, and Glorification is but one of 34 lessons in systematic theology. Anyone who reads the Bible on a regular basis has begun to develop a “theology” of who God is and what he has revealed of Himself to man down through history. But is it organized to the point where you can confidently say “this is what the Bible teaches” on a particular topic, or do you just base your beliefs on random verses that could well be misunderstood because they are taken out of context? 

My confidence in going out to share the Gospel with strangers comes largely from my study of “Systematic Theology”, which I’ll define as learning what the whole Bible teaches us about a given topic. I’m confident that I’m not misrepresenting God as revealed in his Word, and I’m confident when people make unbiblical claims about God that challenge my own beliefs. I’m increasingly amazed by the consistency of the Bible, written by so many human authors but without contradiction, that I can only conclude it was written by divine inspiration. 

 I’ve gained so much personally from my systematic study of theology that I’m teaching a 34-week class on it at church, based on Dr. Wayne Grudem’s books “Systematic Theology” and “Bible Theology”. I’m excited to dig deeper personally as I prepare the outlines and lessons, and I want to take as many people along with me on this journey as possible. So I am recording the class and posting the videos to my YouTube channel, and making downloadable PDF chapter outlines and audio recordings available on a Google Drive folder as well. 

Care to join me? Links to my YouTube channel and shared resources are as follows: Video: YouTube.com/c/JeffReiman Shared Resources folder: https://tinyurl.com/yxy2kb56


No comments: