FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Lead by Example


6/4/18           Jouquin   (video)                  about 45

Want to teach like Jesus did?  Teach by example!

Jesus didn’t criticize sinners much, but he had scathing criticism for those who taught others without following through themselves:   Of the Pharisees (religious leaders) he said,  “They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.”

The world, too, recognizes hypocrisy and is quick to point it out, especially in our churches where they expect us to practice what we preach.  So we follow through with acts of charity for the poor and needy, and we don’t just pray “Thy Kingdom come” but we work toward that end.  We know we have to do more than just talk about it.

But when it comes to the message of salvation, how can we communicate it if we don’t talk about it?
I met a man named Jouquin at the park, and he put down his book long enough for a friendly conversation.  Jouquin has been a Christian for just about two years, and his enthusiasm for his new-found faith was contagious.  When I asked about his beliefs for eternity, he couldn’t stop talking about Jesus!

I love to find a fellow believer as I reach out to people like this, because they are an encouragement to me as I hear their story, and because I know I am in a great position to encourage them to go out and share the Gospel with others.  After all, that’s how I met them in the first place.  I am not asking them to do something I’m not doing myself!







No comments: